Tuesday 10 March 2009

This weather is starting to piss me off. Who in their right mind thought that -25 degrees was a good temperature for March? And the truckers are saying they're hitting -36 on the highway. Excuse me? I am totally for Global Warming if it means Spring in the near future.

Bill has completed cleaning the crawlspace so I thought I'd celebrate with some pictures. It's the least I can do. He now has a sprained shoulder from the work. And he isn't a happy camper!

My son comes over in the mornings which we truly enjoy. When he leaves from the house to come over along come his trusty sidekicks Sadie and Puppies. Sadie is his main squeeze though; she's been with him for about 9 years now and they're very close. She's the perfect dog. Puppies is still that, a puppy. She's about 2 years old and knows that Sadie is alpha girl. She has tons of energy compared to Sadie who is a tad overweight (who isn't?) and has a little arthritis (who doesn't?). When they leave, my son drives the truck with Sadie and Puppies running after him. Well, Sadie kind of trundles after him. Puppies is home and back three times before Sadie gets there but it's always with dignity.

I'm going for a short walk as it's another tiresomely gorgeous day albeit effing freezing! Tonight is Full Moon----I wish my camera was better so I could take the evening shots; too indescribable.


Clean crawlspace and visit from Pooches


Pork stir fry and noodles

We've been watching on dvd: Michael Palin's New Europe (excellent)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaye,
I came across you blog when searching Deka Lake. I have a place up there on Womack and love reading your blog as I miss being up there. In reading your blog from yesterday I had to laugh as a friend of mine who moved up to Quesnel last year sent me an email called Diary of a Demented Snow Shoveler. You might be able to relate to the story. If you would like me to email you this, please let me know. I know who your son is as he and a fellow named Ted did some work on our friends place up there. They own the house being built at almost the end of Womack. People call it the Glass House. Our place is on Womack by Margeurite. It is the mobile with the big red roof. Anyways, my email is lucy@easycarerestoration.com if you want me to send you the Diary. Keep the blog up as I absolutely love reading it.
Thanks......Lucy

Jaye said...

Thanks for reading the blog! It's just starting to melt up here so I'm sure you'll be up soon. I guess most people come up the long weekend in May. Will see you on the roads then.

Anonymous said...

O.k....so here I was down on the coast searching for Deka Lake photos and stumbled across your blog, just like Lucy. I hope to build up there on my lot one day, so I have been enjoying your "construction diary". I really like seeing your photos of the neighbourhood as I'm unable to venture up there in the winter.

If I see you when I'm out there walking( usually with coffee in hand), I'll introduce myself. Until then, enjoy the thaw!!

Catherine