Sunday 15 March 2009

Is it Spring?

Probably not but I was in heaven for a short period of time. When Bill left Victoria in May 2008, I was car-less and was forced (it's the only way with me)to walk everywhere. So, I walked at least 2 miles a day for 6 months. It was a new experience for me and put me in great shape. Moving here---------oops, no walking. So, today was wonderful. Bill dropped me off on our way home from the Sunday newspaper pickup near Jody's street (not that far, but baby steps) and I walked home. It felt great. Still a little chilly but a sweatshirt and Miss Puffy (thank you good friends) kept me toasty. But, I did have to jump out of the way of a few rabid snowmobilers still out on the road heading to Windy Mountain. Far too fast as usual and especially on a road that loses the snow every once in a while now.

Bill has been sealing the space between the skimcoat and the foundation in the crawlspace. Another @#$! job in the crawlspace. At least his shoulder is almost normal again. Poor guy. But we are as sealed as we will ever be. And, the crawlspace is now an excellent storage area after all the cleaning he did down there.

The kitchen/living room, hall and bedroom ceilings are finished! They are mudded, taped and sanded. Yay! I am so much more relaxed knowing that I have corners and walls to do not ceilings and ceiling corners. I have found it very hard to do the bathroom ceiling and am not looking forward to the study and airlock! But my work is cut waaaaayyy down now. It was worth the money. I'm almost out of the bathroom. Just need to do some fix-up (ceiling) and sand. Then I'm going to tackle the kitchen. Woohoo!

Jen is in heaven after being offered a government job just last week. It was quite a week for her as she was very ill and still crawled in to meet her potential supervisor. It's a contract job and potentially lasts a year. It will allow her to work at her schooling if she wants, too. We were really chuffed for her. It's not easy finding a job these days.

By the way, a second picture of mine was shown on CBC Weather. Cool, huh?

Mac N'Cheese Soup, Buffalo Chicken "Fries"

David Copperfield (PBS, young Daniel Radcliffe, Bob Hoskins and Maggie Smith!)

1 comment:

The Renegade Librarian said...

As always, so excited to read your posts--one of my RSS treats!