Thursday 19 March 2009

There is some satisfaction in looking outside and seeing water dripping off the roof! The wind is almost warm; I've found the deck chairs; there are buds on our Cottonwood; the snowmobiles are getting stuck on the roads; it must be Spring-ish.

We are still in for some cold weather coming up but I'm positive that there will be a Spring-like essence from now on. Whew!

The bathroom and kitchen are now being discussed as to what/how we will finish them. We both agree on using beadboard in both rooms and then paint. My paint colours have the most delicious names: Bamboo, Dorset Gold, , Winter Wheat, Nettle, Allspice, Fragrant Cloves, Belgian Waffle, Caramel Apple, Moccasin....I would like a job naming colours.

'Course this all depends on me doing the drywall. Hmmmm.

I spent most of the morning wanderingon the road, around the house....looking at branches, loving the wind, watching the water drop from the roof, falling in a thigh high snowbank, picking up spruce cones, listening to the trees falling on Womack....loving it.

Just a great day to enjoy life....on our return trip from the building supplies store at Interlakes I stopped to take pictures of Deka Creek de-icing It had been frozen since December and is now turning out some lovely ice floes.

Parmesan Chicken and Coleslaw
Hockey

No comments: