Friday 27 March 2009

On Sunday we began our road trip to Vancouver! I had not realized how much the whiteness was beginning to get to me. It wasn't hard for the two of us to rationalize going to Vancouver for a shopping blitz rather than go to Kamloops. It also allowed us a visit with our daughter who came in for two nights and to visit with my sister and her family! My sister and brother-in-law are extremely generous with their home and their time so we all had a great visit. It was great to catch up with my niece and nephew as they are very active in education and music. Two thumbs up for relatives.

And having our daughter there was icing on the cake; it could have been longer!

We started the road trip with a visit to the Interlakes store for coffee and Breakfast sandwiches (the Deli there is superb!)then over to wash the outside of the car---poor girl was so dirty. A couple of dollars later she was sparkling.

We took the 24 out to the 97. It was a brilliant day. I'm always looking for wildlife and photo ops; Bill on the other hand doesn't understand stopping the car every 3 seconds to take a picture. So I thought, I'll just click through the window in a moving car. When you start doing that you see so many wonderful sights that you just normally take for granted. Bill and I have travelled the Canyon route all our lives. We know it so well and enjoy every minute of it.

The journey down the 97 to the 1 and through the canyons is not to be missed. I understand taking the Coquihalla for timely reasons but for no other. The Thompson and the Fraser Canyons are superlative. So, after filling my memory card twice and deleting many, I was left with a mere 60 odd photos and they're not too bad. Not great but what the heck, the car was moving.

This set of pictures comes with a warning. There are a lot and some are very "arty"---but I love the Canyons and am posting them


We make very few stops along the way but like the Clinton Hotel (especially breakfast), the Blue Moose in Hope and the Hope Cafe for food. Otherwise, it's fast food. Or, a packed lunch and sit at the Goldpan Provincial Park right beside the Thompson!

On our return trip we stopped at 100 Mile to pick up groceries and I had also promised my grand daughter I would buy Twilight for her/us. Somehow Quantum of Solace also got in the grocery bag. From there, a short ride home. As we travelled on the Horse Lake Road we discussed the total lack of wildlife welcoming parties. I still had my camera ready and was getting ready to put it away....Bill braked and said to get ready; he backed up and two beautiful moose were standing there as the welcoming committee. I got pretty good pics; they are extremely camouflaged and it's hard to get good pics with my camera but click away I did.

We arrived home safe and sound with many packages of tiles, dressers, mirrors, lights and sundry deco items that makes you feel you are actually going to have a home one day. We also made it to VV---sooooo nice---so I had a few items from there. The major shopping was for tiles, lighting and drawer slides with metal sides. We accomplished everything. It's not Bill's cup of tea but he managed brilliantly. And for anyone who loves to shop: Lee Valley!!!!!

At my sister's we had a wonderful curry from B and then C cooked up a storm every night except the last night when we had Chinese takeout from a Main Street restaurant to die for. They have this Peppering Chicken that is so wonderful. There was also sweets and breads from Breka on Fraser---great sourdough and Pumpernickel. S kept us in wine and I have to advertise the Red Rooster Merlot as a very fine wine. I wonder if I could get a box of it for advertising? I wouldn't say no.

So I've managed to barely dress today and am having a great day of looking at photos, facebooking, talking to our daughter and blogging. No drywall and no sanding. It can wait. I really am not laughing at the weather forecast for the next two weeks. It's April for heaven's sakes!!!!

Shrimp Stir Fry
Not sure: Twilight? Not quite what I would choose. Maybe some Foyle's War.

No comments: