Friday 16 January 2009

We love driving along the Horse Lake Road through the Valley into 100 Mile House. The scenery and Light are wonderful.

There have been sightings of Moose along the Road and I always have my antennae up for them. Number one I don't ever want to hit one and number two I'm determined to get a picture.

I was fiddle-farting around when Bill shouted "Moose", slammed on the brakes and reversed...too late, all I saw was a retreating Moose behind. Sigh.

We were on our way into 100 Mile to have the Van-Go's rear struts re-strutted. It took longer than we anticipated, something about a nut....I don't know. Anyways three hours and many dollars later we started on our way home. We were vigilant coming up to where we saw the moose but Bill and I assumed we wouldn't see it. Then the shriek (I don't know who shrieks in that car) "Moose, Moose, Moose!". Bill slammed on the brakes again (he was going the Cariboo speed limit totally not expecting to see her again) and he got three pictures. I stepped out of the car as she was being so co-operative and moved closer; as I did so, Bill pulled over onto very crunchy icy road and I've never seen such a large animal move so fast. So we only got the three gorgeous beautiful photos but we are so proud of ourselves.

We now belong to the Cariboo.

Oven roasted Pork and Apple Sausages to die for (from John the Butcher).
Not sure what the movie is tonight. As we didn't watch Day after Tomorrow I may beg for that. Not Bill's cup of tea.

No comments: