Tuesday 6 January 2009

We had Cam's birthday at our place on Sunday evening. He turned a very respectable 11 years. As he asked for Spaghetti for his dinner that's what I made. In the morning I made the sauce and the garlic bread so that I could have a more relaxed evening. Everyone came over around 6pm and we opened presents....a few model airplanes and a mini-dig with Stegosaurus. As I was cooking the Spaghettini the lights flickered about 6 times. And the power was off! Oh, Bother! Out come the emergency candles and onto the woodstove goes the dinner. Everything turned out pretty well considering.

Sandi had made a wonderful chocolate cake with cream cheese icing and Sour Babies for decoration....oh, my. And I had finally put together Les' Mackenzie Buns just in case Sandi did not have time to do a cake. So on sugar highs we spent the evening telling tales and watching Cam try to put models together by candlelight. Not an easy task it seems.

It has snowed on and off over the last few days, nothing serious, just teasers. We went for a cabin fever drive yesterday as it was brilliant! I love driving around in this light. Of course there are lots of pictures as I am still bedazzled by the snow and the light. Have I mentioned the light?

Cam's Birthday and a day outside

Bill is almost finished the basement, thank goodness, what a miserable chore that has been for him and I am on to mudding and taping again although today's shovelling put that on a back burner. According to the weather forecast this am it was predicting 1-3cm of light snow. And we must have shovelled 10 cm and as we were shovelling another 3cm fell! We decided that we were not going to win this battle. The next check of the network showed Heavy Snow today. I think they just wait to see what is going to happen and then post what they see outside the window. So we are probably in for a very long shovelling session tomorrow. Hopefully Andy comes around and digs us out with his Quad. If not, we just wait till the grader comes and start digging.

Was that not the best Canada Juniors ever! Well, maybe not ever, but it was enjoyable. We rigged up the computer to the 42 inch monster to watch the games. Have I mentioned that I haven't missed cable? At all. But I am a tad addicted to the Internet. Hmmm? One vice for another.

Roasted Vegetables, Wine and Long, Hot Summer

1 comment:

The Renegade Librarian said...

It's another Tuesday night and I'm reading your blog, like every Tuesday evening. I've just gotten back from relieving breaks in Children's and telling Pietro Thompson that he's free to go back to his office. Do you miss us?

I am fully with you on cable--we had that talk about cable vs. the interwebs before you left. I can live without cable, but don't take away my 'net! Love to you, friend!