Friday 21 November 2008

Today was the first day that I could not remember what day it was. I had to ask. For a few moments it was very unsettling. I don't wear a watch any more so my time has to do with events now not the SCHEDULE...not that I had that down pat anyway.

I'm still learning how to use the blog; I don't know how to add pictures except on the main screen; as soon as I've figured it out I'll be posting like mad. I'd like this to be a history of our home; so many people contributed to the building of it.

The wind is quite high today and that makes it a bit more brisk than usual. There was a skiff of snow on the ground this morning and it was very frozen. The temperature was about 0 but with the wind just a mite colder. Terry the Trapper (yes) taught me a lot about trapping the other day over coffee at the Interlakes store. I never had thought that the warm weather would slow the changes in the animal's coats...never had to. It was very interesting information especially about the markets and who buys, etc. Just another world in the Cariboo. He's a delightful man; grew up in New West and White Rock about the same time as Bill so they were reminiscing about orchards and being young boys in White Rock. His wife is the queen of jams, jellies and relishes so I need to meet her.

We dawdled about in the morning; as we are camping more or less, it takes a little longer to have breakfast, do the dishes, bring in wood, light the fire, clean up, and when you don't want to drywall it takes even longer. Bill just rolls his eyes. If I knew what I was doing I'd probably dive right in. As it is....but I have the second coat on the corners and tomorrow I scrape then add another coat. Thank goodness the pantry has many shelves.

We have wonderful lights at the kitchen and back doors! They were a good choice for design; the electrician was admiring them. I was worried they might be just a bit flash for here but they will look good especially when the siding is on (channel lock pine). Bill attached them to two beautiful pieces of cedar. J1 can now come to the kitchen door without muttering about the dark. Although, those tree roots just grab you, light or no light. Ents?

K and three million of her girlfriends are off to Twilight this evening. It's rare to have a film in 100 mile on the actual day of release but the owners probably figured they'd make the money immediately so could risk the price.

Picked up a door jamb today as the daughter is going to need a door on the bathroom when she visits.

Wind in the treetops, tea, wood fire.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posting photos:

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=41641

C.

Jaye said...

C

My thanks with a hug. Let's see what I can do.

jlg