Monday 10 November 2008

Hello from Deka Lake.

Bill and I have been working very hard trying to find some peace in the chaos of building a home over the last 10 days. It's like camping but warm and dry. We now have the ultimate---a flush toilet although the Johnny Depp will be with us forever as the power does tend to go out up here in the winter. No power--no pump. Bill also rigged up a temp (at least he says it's temp) kitchen counter and we added our new sink and taps. The tub will come shortly. The place actually looks like a few of the houses we lived in during the 70s.

At this moment the moon is on full and peaking through the trees into the living room. A more than magical evening. This time of evening is my favourite; the trees are black against an indigo sky.

Snow was here for a very short while and I have to say I did like it. Although, it may be a different story in February. We shall see. What is especially nice about snow is that it covers all the building leftovers that we haven't had time to move to the Landfill (aka the Deka Lake Mall). Recycling isn't done here and I'm checking at 100 Mile House to see what I can do. As we go in once a week it seems the right thing to do.

Oh, look, it's 5pm and the Whiskey be calling. Tomorrow we shall see how my first mudding went. There may be a lot of scraping before the second coat. Bother.

No comments: