Friday 17 April 2009

Here I am, the invalid. After so many months of not hurting myself, I turn over in bed one night and something went pop. It actually went "pop". I'm not sure what but I am now in pain. It's been 8 days and if it doesn't become a little better by Monday I'll have to go in to see the doctor. It is so frustrating! The dining room only needs a little more work and it would be done. Bother.

It is a variable weather day. A little of everything. I've been craving a loud rain storm but nope. There is so much sunshine up here. After living my life in Vancouver and Victoria, it's so brilliant. There is the extra of not having the pollution, too.

Bill is building a shelving unit over the stove vent as we speak. It's our design and I think it will be perfect. He used Beetle Pine for the pipe surround and the blue is beautiful.

The thaw is going along at a slow pace but fast enough for us. We have no water in our crawlspace and are knocking on wood that we can get through the melt without it. Bill did such a good job with the drains I have complete faith. There are others right now who are living with water in their basements and crawlspaces. I can't stand the thought of water in the house!

The skirt was removed from the house (it helped tremendously with the evil frost), the tarp tent was removed from the camper; trees have been marked for removal (Beetle kill)...little things that make the place ready for Spring/Summer. It's so nice to see my little pine poking his head out and new growth on the Spruce and Aspen. The lonely Cottonwood has buds, too. The mud is such gumbo. It will suck your boots off if you're not careful.

No comments: